Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tater Tot Hot Dish

I grew up in the great state of Minnesota.  Apparently, Tater Tot "Hot Dish", as they call it (I call it casserole but "hot dish" is so much more fun to say) is a big deal in Minnesota.  It's, like, the state meal...or something like that.  I honestly do not remember ever eating it during my childhood.  Maybe I didn't like it, so I blocked it out of my memory...I don't know.  Anyway, Tater Tot Hot Dish has become a staple meal in my household.  It's not expensive to make, it's filling, and it's awfully tasty. 




Ingredients:

*2 lbs. ground beef
*2 large cans of Cream of Mushroom soup
*2 envelope packets of dry onion soup mix
*Frozen mixed veggies
*Frozen tater tots

Procedure:

1.  Preheat your oven to 375* F.
2.  Brown and drain the ground beef.
3.  In a large bowl combine the ground beef, soup, dry onion soup, and mixed veggies.  Mix well
4.  Pour this mixture into a 10x15 baking dish.
5.  Top with tater tots.
6.  Bake in your preheated oven for 1 hour.

*NOTES:  I use 2 dry onion soup packets for a large batch but, it can sometimes come out a little salty.  Just use 1 packet if you are watching your sodium intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment