Thursday, January 2, 2014

Black Beans and Beef Chili

This chili has become a household favorite.  Even my pickiest son requested this for his birthday dinner.  If that doesn't say something great about this chili, I don't know what will.

Ingredients:

*2 cans black beans
*2 cups browned and drained ground beef
*1 onion, chopped
*1 cup frozen corn
*1 can diced green chilies
*1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*3/4 tsp black pepper
*1 tsp salt
*2 tbsp chili powder
*1 tsp cumin
*1 bay leaf
*1 cup water
*1 beef boullion cube

Procedure:

1.  Dump all ingredients into your slow cooker.
2.  Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
3.  Serve with whatever your heart desires.  I usually serve this chili over a bed of lettuce with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips...or with Shawn's Corn Bread (that recipe is around here on the blog somewhere).

*NOTE:  I double this recipe for my large family.

No comments:

Post a Comment