Thursday, January 2, 2014

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

I have been making these for years.  They are so easy and so very tasty.  There are a couple ways you can make these...I'll share the different variations with you.  And, as always, I double this recipe for my gigantic family.

Ingredients:

*1- 12 oz can evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
*2 small cans cream of chicken soup OR 1 large can
*1 can green chilies
*1 onion, chopped
*3 cups shredded chicken OR 2 cans of chicken OR 1 lb ground beef
*1 1/2 cup grated cheese (I use cheddar)
*Corn OR flour tortillas (I use corn...the flour tortillas tend to get soggy)

Procedure:

1.  Preheat oven to 350*

2.  Brown and drain the beef, if that is the meat of your choice.

3.  Boil and shred chicken, if using shredded chicken.

4.  Spray  a 9x13 or 10x15 baking dish

5.  Mix the evaporated milk, soup, onions, meat, and chilies in a saucepan.  Heat through.

6.  Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a very thin layer of the sauce.

7.  Cover the sauce with one layer of tortillas.

8.  Cover the tortillas with a layer of sauce.

9.  Continue layering until you end with the last of your sauce. Top with cheese.

10.  Bake until heated through, about 30-40 minutes.

*NOTE:  I usually serve these enchiladas with Mexican Rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment