Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Apple Dapple Cake

I found this recipe in a cookbook I've had for about 8 years...and this is the first time I've made it. And let me tell you...my family and I have been missing out! This cake recipe came out of "Recetas Mexicana de Mi Gente" (Mexican Recipes of My People). I don't know if there is any chance that this is an authentic Mexican recipe, but it sure is good!


What you'll need:
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. cooking oil (I use Canola)
2 c. sugar
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. walnuts, chopped
4 c. apples, peeled and chopped (I used Gala)
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 stick butter or margarine
2 tsp. vanilla


What you'll do:
Cream eggs, oil, and white sugar. Sift together and fold in flour, salt, and baking soda. Add vanilla. Add walnuts and apples. Stir until just blended. Bake at 350* F for about 40 minutes in a 9x13 cake pan. Place cake (still in pan) on a cooling rack. Boil brown sugar, butter, and milk for 2 minutes and pour over hot cake. Let cool in pan.
*The brown sugar topping will be absorbed and make the cake moist and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment